News for Multiemployer Retirement Clients
The Fourth Quarter 2017 Currents highlights key developments trustees and administrators of multiemployer retirement plans need to know.
You’ll learn about:
- The zone-status breakdown of multiemployer plans and participants,
- Two smart ways to gauge the economic recovery, according to Segal Marco Advisors (The Segal Group’s investment solutions provider),
- Revisions to the claims and appeals process for disability benefits and a recently announced proposal to delay the effective date,
- Adoption of new mortality tables for calculating lump sums, effective for 2018 plan years, and
- Approval of the first partition under the Multiemployer Pension Reform Act and criteria for future partition applications.
Previous issues from 2014 through Third Quarter 2017 are available on the Currents Archive page.