Senior Analyst (Health Technology Services)
Unique position for health benefits professional to serve and support a variety of national health practice consulting initiatives. The national health practice provides leadership and support regarding health consulting services, implementation and tracking of national policies and quality standards, health benefits related studies, technology support and analytical tool development, and support of a national continuing education program. Current projects include the development and support of health plan data management systems for large public sector clients, creation of standard pricing models and report templates to facilitate consulting on emerging health issues under Affordable Care Act (ACA), and supporting marketing efforts.
Additionally, national health practice staff allocate a portion of their time to direct client work and internal support.
The Senior Health Analyst will assist with a variety of issues related to the health care delivery system and design and management of health plans. Key responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Performing detailed cost and utilization analysis
- Participating in the creation and evolution of internal health plan data warehouse and, supporting the development of a data warehouse
- Conduct research and development regarding health cost and utilization norms, trends and clinical studies
- Coordinating and overseeing projects and business requirements with technical programming staff for health related projects
- Providing technical assistance to select external client projects including discount analysis, wellness and disease management programs, RFPs and plan design analyses
- Providing guidance and mentoring to HTS/IT staff in data-related areas.
Undergraduate degree and well-developed analytical and mathematical skills; past experience with group benefits, manage care networks and/or medical claims systems/coding; Health benefits experience with a focus on actuarial, underwriting or financial analysis; understanding of Financial Accounting Standards as they relate to benefit plans; database and project management skills; excellent communication skills (verbal and written); proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and; ability to meet multiple tight deadlines are required. VBA experience, healthcare compliance expertise and experience with experience with regulations and accreditation standards, knowledge of specific state and federal requirements and standards related to the management of health information is desirable.