The Assistant serves internal clients in a highly visible role, interacting directly with Segal colleagues from across all markets; however, most significantly in the corporate market. The incumbent manages the various aspects of the proposal process that includes writing and collaborating on new business proposals and presentations and determining process improvements to ensure high quality deliverables. This Assistant will also provide administrative assistance to support the various corporate marketing efforts in the Midwest and work closely with several consultants.
The Assistant will have a diverse range of responsibilities that include:
- Creating language and drawing from varied resources to produce proposals and marketing materials;
- Collaborating with team members to review and edit each other's work to ensure high quality deliverables;
- Providing and managing the administrative needs to assigned consultants (includes correspondence, travel, expenses, client files, billing, and presentations);
- Participating in the development of finalist presentations;
- Coordinating speaking engagements, sponsorships/attendance at industry conferences, charitable giving and attendance to fundraisers for clients and prospects, and assisting with Segal sponsored seminars and webinars in the Midwest that may include exhibits, mailings and follow-up activity;
- Collaborating with other members of the Midwest and National Sales & Marketing Departments to maintain the accuracy and quality of sales and marketing collateral and other material distributed to external clients and prospects for business development purposes.
The qualified individual will have: Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, English or related subject; a minimum of two years of related experience writing proposals for a professional or financial services firm or insurance carrier; proficiency in project and time management; and aptitude in MS Office applications. The ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment is critical. The Marketing Assistant must be a demonstrated professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills, diplomatic interpersonal skills, and be able to succeed working independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team. High energy but also tact and poise are important qualities.