Benefits to Balance Your Personal and Professional Lives
Segal offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits program for employees and their families. From medical coverage to profit sharing and from vacation days to tuition reimbursement, the company provides an array of benefit choices and services. These benefits can both address your health and retirement needs and help you meet the challenges in balancing the demands of work with your personal life. Specifically, Segal offers:
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan (401(k) Match)
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Actuarial Study Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Research & Study Leave
- Retiree Medical Benefits
- LifeBalance Resource & Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Cycle Benefits Program
- Other Benefits
Health care benefits may vary by office and employee status.
Segal offers the following options for medical coverage:
- Managed Choice POS (open access)
- HMO (where available)
This plan provides substantial coverage for preventive, basic and major dental expenses.
The Company maintains a defined benefit pension plan on your behalf. After five years of employment you are vested. When you retire, you will receive a retirement benefit of 1.65% times your years of service (up to 25 years) and your final average pay.
Segal helps you accumulate funds for retirement through the profit sharing plan. Each year, the company makes a discretionary contribution out of profits to eligible individual accounts. Staff members are vested in the plan at a rate of 20 percent per year and are fully vested after five years. The plan also has provisions for your own 401(k) and after-tax contributions.
Employees may direct up to $2,500 of salary into an account which can be used for health-related expenses not covered by the medical and dental plans.
This employee-funded account provides a non-taxable source of funds (up to $5,000) for child and dependent care expenses incurred to allow staff and/or their spouses to work or attend school.
Staff members are eligible for paid vacation based upon length of employment.
The company recognizes 11 holidays per year.
Segal has a competitive exam program that supports study time and related expenses and rewards its actuarial employees for successfully completing exams. The Company provides increases in base pay and bonus payments in accordance with the specific exam(s) passed and credentials earned.
This plan will reimburse a portion of the cost of successfully completed, pre-approved professional courses. Manager-recommended courses are often reimbursed 100 percent.
Available after you have completed 15 and 25 years of service, a research and study leave allows you 8 weeks of fully-paid time off to learn more about our field and/or profession or to develop new business ideas. Up to $1,500 of approved expenses can be reimbursed.
If you retire with 10 or more years of service at or after age 55, the Company provides benefits credits (based on length of service) that can be used to offset the cost of health care coverage for a retiree and, if applicable, dependents.
To help employees and their families make informed decisions about many issues of daily living, 24-hour access is available to resource and referral services. Telephone consultation, referrals to community resources and educational materials related to a number of concerns are available, including the following:
- Parenting and child care
- Elder care and adult disability
- Legal and financial issues
- Retirement planning
- Everyday issues like home remodeling and purchasing a big-ticket item such as a car
This program provides professional counseling and referral services to help employees and their families deal with a wide range of personal problems, including stress, substance abuse, and marital issues.
The Company provides a $500 annual ($1,000 for housing) allowance to eligible employees that can be used to obtain (taxable) reimbursement of all or a portion of certain expenses. Eligible expenses include:
- Health club memberships
- Exercise equipment
- Weight loss programs
- Primary residence purchase assistance (e.g., closing costs)
- Child care and elder care
- Certain legal assistance
- Financial planning
- Family burial expense
- Employee referral program bonus awards
- Basic and supplemental life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short and Long-term disability plans
- Travel accident insurance
- Domestic partner benefit coverage
- Flexible work arrangements (where feasible)
- Casual dress policy (in many locations)
- Automatic payroll deposit feature (option for direct deposit in up to three different banking accounts)
- Transit/vanpooling and parking benefit program
- Credit union affiliation